Nourish: The Wellness Living-Learning Community invites first-year, transfer, and continuing students who would like to center wellness in their higher education experience. This community will provide you the opportunity to prioritize wellness and experience positive outcomes in your academic, social and extra-curricular development. Members of Nourish will be provided with opportunities to engage in wellness activities across all dimensions of wellness, including physical, emotional, social/inclusion, and environmental. Students will have the opportunity to learn and network with wellness professionals from within Rutgers and the larger community.
This community is a collaboration between the Departments of Residence Life, Health Outreach, Promotion, and Education (HOPE), and Recreation. All activities and programs are designed to enhance each student’s overall undergraduate experience through a wellness lifestyle. Students accepted into the community will live in Lynton Towers South on the Livingston Campus.
- Learn to manage your wellness physically, socially, emotionally, and more.
- Gain exposure and connect with the departments of Student Health — Health Outreach, Promotion, and Education (HOPE) and Recreation
- A group learning experience for academic credit, focused completely on wellness.
- Access to a Peer Health Educator for resources, and collaboration on wellness activities.
- Singles are available to a small number of continuing students and incoming transfers.
Programming in the community will be based on interest of community members. Programs may include:
- Art Therapy
- Nutrition – Healthy cooking, residence hall cooking hacks, and grocery store tours
- Mindful Mornings and Evenings — Guided activities that encourage mindfulness e.g journaling, mindful coffee, light stretching, meditation and gratitude practice
- Embrace documentary viewing and discussion
- Animal assisted stress-reduction activities e.g. puppies, mini-horses
- Emotional Wellness, stress management, test anxiety, technological health and sleep
Potential On and Off Campus Field Trips may include:
- Sandy Hook Gateway Park
- Grounds for Sculpture
- Restorative Yoga class
- A visit to a local labyrinth to learn about the history, uses, and meditative benefits of labyrinth-walking
Open to students of all class years within all undergraduate schools.
In order to participate in an LLC, you must live in the building in which the LLC is located. Lynton South Towers as a building has historically been slated for first-year students, however, this community welcomes all class years to apply to this LLC.
Make Rutgers home! We’d like you to begin to connect with students, faculty, and staff even before the start of classes. We intend to have an LLC orientation in late August or early September. Students who have been accepted to the community will be provided further information on the LLC orientation date and time.
- All students will be enrolled in an exclusive 1.5 Wellness Seminar for the fall semester. Courses will count towards graduation credit.
- Full participation and engagement in program experiences, sponsored by Nourish: The Wellness Living-Learning Community