This page is for students interested in becoming Living-Learning Community Peer Mentors.
Upcoming Zoom Interest Sessions:
- Monday, November 6, 2023 at 7pm (peer mentor AND continuing student)
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 7pm (peer mentor AND continuing student)
- Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 7pm (peer mentor AND continuing student)
- Wednesday, January 24, 2024 at 7pm (peer mentor AND continuing student)
We are looking for motivated and committed undergraduate students who wish to make a positive and significant impact on the lives of Rutgers students. Our current peer mentors say that the peer mentor experience has provided a hands-on opportunity to demonstrate the ability to build community, act as a campus resource, make connections with faculty and staff, and positively contribute to the success of their peers.
Whether it is assisting a student in identifying clubs that meet their needs, giving personal advice, keeping them company while watching a movie, or coordinating study groups, our peer mentors act as a vital component of our living-learning program. We hope that you will consider making a difference at Rutgers by becoming a living-learning community peer mentor.
Applicants must live on campus on the floor/building of the respective living-learning community (LLC) in order to be eligible. If you have already selected your housing, you will be relocated/transferred to the respective LLC without any penalty.
- Paid position
- Meet new people
- Share experiences and offer support to LLC members
- Develop relationship with faculty members in your area of interest
- Work closely with other students and Rutgers University departments
- Gain an appreciation for diversity
- Learn more about campus resources
- Great resume builder!