The Psychology House is a self-selected group of first-year students who will enjoy the benefits of sharing common residential and academic experiences while making new friends, exploring common interests, and being a part of a close community of peers. Students will benefit from special programs and having residence life staff provide assistance with your transition to Rutgers. The LLC will assist you in exploring your interests in Psychology while bonding with fellow Rutgers students.
Due to COVID-19, we have removed the residential requirement, and have instead moved our learning communities online.
Programming in this community has included the following:
- New York City trip for Psychology Conference on Behavioral Research and graduate program tours
- Now O’Clock – Time Management program
- Don’t Flake Out — Effective goal-setting program
- Psych 101 – Quiz game on material learned in Psychology classes
- The MAJOR workshop – Exploration of major options and resources for finding summer opportunities
- Research lab tours
- Participation in group study events including “General Psych Jeopardy”
- Attendance at the involvement fair
- Participation in social events as a community e.g. football games
Open to first-year students affiliated with SAS, SEBS and RBS.
Students must place into Basic Composition or higher for English testing
Make Rutgers home! We’d like you to begin to connect with students, faculty, and staff even before the start of classes. LLC orientation is currently scheduled to occur virtually on Wednesday, August 26, 2020 (including an introduction to the LLC staff, a meet-and-greet with your staff/faculty partners, and a campus social).
As a participant, you will be:
- Attending community sponsored events and monthly meetings
- Co-enrolled in two first-year courses for the fall semester:
- General Psychology
- Expository Writing or Basic Comp
- Optional courses for spring semester will be made available for students to consider