The Law and Political Science Discovery House is a self-selected group of first-year students who will enjoy the benefits of sharing common residential and academic experiences while making new friends, exploring common interests, and being a part of a close community of peers. Students will benefit from special programs and having residence life staff provide assistance with your transition to Rutgers. It is a thriving academic and social community that will allow you to engage in programs that will allow you to explore the academic and non-academic involvement opportunities within political science, access to a variety of resources and develop lasting friendships!
Due to COVID-19, we have removed the residential requirement, and have instead moved our learning communities online.
Programming for this community in the past has included:
- Land your dream internship
- Attending the involvement fair
- Resume workshops and career panels
- Study survival tips
- Successful time management
- Participate in social events as a community e.g. football games
Open to first-year students affiliated with SAS, RBS and SEBS
Students must place into Basic Composition or higher for English testing
Make Rutgers home! We’d like you to begin to connect with students, faculty, and staff even before the start of classes. LLC orientation is currently scheduled to occur virtually on Wednesday, August 26, 2020 (including an introduction to the LLC staff, a meet-and-greet with your staff/faculty partners, and a campus social).
As a participant, you will be:
- Attending community sponsored events and monthly meetings
- Co-enrolled in two first-year courses for the fall semester:
- Law and Politics
- Expository Writing or Basic Composition (depending on placement)
- Optional courses for the spring semester will be made available for students to consider.