Meet the Staff
Stonier Hall is a traditional residence hall with private baths built in 1963, so every room has their own bathroom. It is named after Harold Stonier (1890-1957). In 1935, Stonier founded the Graduate School of Banking (later Stonier Graduate School) at Rutgers. He served as director (1935-1955) and later dean (1955-1957). Stonier is also several yards from Brower Commons Dining Hall and is right across the street from the Rutgers Student Center and Panera.
Type: Traditional Residence Hall
Number of Students: 200
Number of Floors: 5
Average Room Size: 16 x 12
Availability: First-year students, Continuing students
Contract Type: Undergraduate Academic Year (Two Semesters)
Adjacent to Brower Commons Dining Hall and across the street from Rutgers Student Center and College Avenue Gym. Less than one block to Alexander Library and Health Services and near academic buildings. Just a short walk to downtown New Brunswick and Easton Avenue shops and restaurants.
- Vending machines
- Wifi throughout the building
- Laundry facility
- Building main lounge
- Flat screen televisions (with cable)
- Pool table, ping pong table
- Communal kitchen with oven (no stove top) (one in the building)
- Communal microwave, refrigerator, sink
- Communal bathroom (separated by gender)
- Private bathroom in rooms
- Ramp leading into building an entrance way
*Students living in air-cooled halls are encouraged to review our moisture control resources.
What’s included in my room?
- Twin extra long bed and mattress
- Closet space
- Blinds or curtains
- Mirrors (in every room)
- Cable TV ready (in every room)
- Wifi in bedrooms
- Linoleum flooring