Clothier Hall, College Avenue Campus
The School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) Transfer Knights program is a living-learning community dedicated to our incoming SAS transfer students who are interested in making connections with other new transfer students in similar academic fields. Additionally, Transfer Knights offer participation in educational and social programming specific to the unique needs of incoming transfers. Students in this program will also enjoy the benefits of co-enrolling in the required SAS Students in Transition Seminar (STS) course together. While the STS course is mandatory for all incoming transfer students, the course that Transfer Knights will be enrolled in offers a more specialized focus designed around their field of study and will be taught by an administrator or faculty member from those respective departments. This program is a partnership with the School of Arts & Sciences’ Office of Academic Services. Learn more about Clothier Hall on the College Avenue Campus.
Clothier Hall, College Avenue Campus
This community provides transfer students with the following benefits:
- Meet and connect with other new SAS transfer students
- A one-on-one mentoring relationship with an undergraduate student (Transfer Knights Peer Mentor), that is pursuing the same major as you
- Networking opportunities with Rutgers faculty, staff, and continuing Rutgers students
- Enrollment in a concentrated communication, life sciences, or physical sciences section of the required one-credit “Students in Transition” Seminar (STS)
Open to new incoming School of Arts and Sciences transfer students pursuing one of the following majors: sciences or pre-med or communication/journalism.
- School of Communication & Information (SCI) – Communications, Journalism & Media Studies, Information Technology & Informatics
- STEM – Life Sciences (Biological sciences, CBN, MBB, Genetics) & Physical Sciences (Physics, Biochemistry, Math, Chemistry)
- Active participation in programs and activities designed for your community by the Resident Assistant and Transfer Knight Peer Mentor
- Will be enrolled in a specialized, reserved section of the Students in Transition Seminar
(Note: This one-credit course is mandatory for all SAS transfer students, however, you will be enrolled in a special section of the class with fellow community members. The instructor of the course will be a faculty or school advisor affiliated with the academic theme of the community. They will serve as a special advisor to the community.)
Download a sample syllabus for the Students in Transition Seminar (SCI) community. Please note: Syllabi and Instructors change over time, so this may not be the exact syllabus or course content that you will take as a future participant.
Download a sample syllabus for the Students in Transition Seminar (STEM) community. Please note: Syllabi and Instructors change over time, so this may not be the exact syllabus or course content that you will take as a future participant.
- Students will be invited to complete a Living-Learning Community application based on information received from the SAS Transfer Center as to intended major and if you have attended one of the first of three STAR days.
- The LLC application DOES NOT replace filing a housing application through the Enrollment Pathway. You MUST complete a housing application and contract for final placement into this Living-Learning Community.
- Admittance to the SAS Transfer Knights LLC will be made on a rolling basis. Decisions will be made once all of the following have occurred:
- Completion of online learning community application
- Completion of housing contract
- Submission of housing deposit fee
- Attendance at one of the first three STAR advising days, and enrollment in the specifically designated STS Seminar for your chosen program.
- Registration of the STS Seminar will occur during your STAR day. For more information about STAR days click here.
NOTE: Application to the SAS Transfer Knights will not be considered until your transfer evaluation has been completed by the SAS Transfer Center and you have been invited to attend a STAR Day. Transfer evaluations are processed daily through early August but we will only admit students who attend one of the first three STAR days.