The French LLC will host French Movie Nights, and students will have the opportunity to visit French theater, musical productions, film screenings and other cultural events! There are also informal dinners and gatherings to attend and students will get connected to the French Department Faculty.
- A trip to Princeton University for theatrical presentation of La Comedie-Française.
- French Movie Night: “Ne le dis à Personne”
- Attending a performance of Cyrano de Bergerac at the Philip J. Levin Theater
- Participation in French Club Meetings and activities
- Game nights, informal dinners, lunches, and gatherings etc
- Open to all class years and all majors, including transfer students
- Students must have completed one year of college French or the attainment of the equivalent level on the placement exam
- Must place into Basic Composition or higher for English testing
- For current students: If you are enrolled in 01:420:121 or 01:420:102 and above you are eligible.
Students will participate in the following:
- French Cultural Experience course (1.5 credits) 01:420:298:01 (09674). Meets Tuesday nights in Leupp 7:40pm – 9:00pm
- Attend community sponsored events and activities
Download a sample syllabus for this community. Please note: Syllabi and Instructors change over time, so this may not be the exact syllabus or course content that you will take as a future participant.
- You must take the French language placement exam to determine eligibility.
- Select French Language and Culture Living-Learning Community from the drop-down list on the online housing application, which can be found at oncampus.rutgers.edu. Priority deadline to select your LLC is May 16. Learning Communities staff will contact you regarding any follow-up inquiries that we have. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis until LLCs are filled. An essay is no longer required for this community.
To complete a living-learning community application as a current Rutgers student, click here.