The Residence Life Community Standards Office is grounded in a philosophy of providing an opportunity for learning and development for students. We believe that college is a time to promote growth and understanding, and are intentional to use student discipline as an opportunity to assist students in their individual growth process.
- We aim to build relationships with students, and to assist them in their careers at Rutgers.
- We aim to encourage students to respect their communities and other community members.
- We aim to educate students about the impact of their actions on their communities.
- We aim to hold students accountable in a way that promotes an understanding and respect of community standards.
- We aim to support the Residence Life staff in the halls and to attempt to understand the needs of their staff and their communities however possible.
- We aim to assist in creating safe and respectful communities in the residence halls.