The Rutgers National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) welcomed 12 new members on Friday, Dec. 9 during its Winter Induction Ceremony in the BEST Multipurpose Room on Busch Campus.
A national honorary, NRHH is dedicated to recognizing individuals who have contributed to the advancement of college and university housing. Created at the University of Denver during the annual National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH) on April 25, 1964, NRHH focuses on two pillars of recognition and service.
Forty-five years after the creation of NRHH, the Scarlet Knights’ Chapter was founded on April 25, 2009. Representing the top one percent of student leaders who live on campus, Rutgers NRHH is one of the biggest chapters in the country, having the capacity to accommodate 160 active members.
With friends, family, and peers in attendance, inductees enjoyed a catered dinner before opening remarks from Rutgers NRHH’s Director of Service, Dominique Sharpe and Director of Recognition, Emily Zarych. Following a keynote address by Residence Life Coordinator, Heidi Nicklaus, the organization’s executive board presented the inductees with their membership certificate and pins.
Membership in the Scarlet Knights’ chapter of NRHH is based on the following criteria:
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 based on the university’s 4.0 scale by the end of the previous long semester
- Be a current resident who plans to reside in a university residence hall for at least one semester, following application for membership (excluding summer sessions), and is working to complete a degree at Rutgers University- New Brunswick.
- Have lived in the residence halls for at least one semester prior to induction
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership, service, and dedication to the Scarlet Knight’s Chapter of NRHH Rutgers-New Brunswick
- Show significant interest in NRHH which meets membership criterion established by the Membership Selection Committee, executive board of this chapter of NRHH, and/or the General Assembly
- Commit to attend general assembly meetings, NRHH sponsored events and committee meetings as held.
- Have made a positive impact within the residence halls
Congratulations to the Scarlet Knights’ NRHH Inductees:
Angela Calasso Autumn Loichle
George Cooper Drasti Patel
George Dahdouh Priya Patel
Nadia Fazal Megan Prince
Nicholas Lee Tara Puccio
Jena Leonardo Chloe Zeng