- A trip to Princeton University for theatrical presentation of La Comedie-Française.
- French Movie Night: “Ne le dis à Personne”
- Attending a performance of Cyrano de Bergerac at the Philip J. Levin Theater
- Participation in French Club Meetings and activities
- Game nights, informal dinners, lunches, and gatherings etc
- In order to participate in an LLC, you must live in the building in which the LLC is located.
- You must take the French language placement exam and receive a score of 131, FFH, or FFW to determine eligibility.
- Open to all class years affiliated with SAS, SEBS, and RBS schools. Students outside of these schools will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Incoming first-years must place into Basic Composition or higher for English testing
- For current students: If you are currently enrolled in 01:420:121 or 01:420:102 and above you have the French proficiency necessary to be eligible for the fall semester.
- All LLC members take a 1.5 credit course (taken in fall and spring for total of 3 credits).
Make Rutgers home! We’d like you to begin to connect with students, faculty, and staff even before the start of classes. We intend to have an LLC orientation in late August or early September. Students who have been accepted to the community will be provided further information on the LLC orientation date and time.
Students will participate in the following:
- Incoming LLC members take a 1.5 credit French Cultural Experience course (taken in fall and spring for total of 3 credits).
- Attend community sponsored events and activities and participate in group mentoring with your peer mentor.
Download a sample syllabus for this community. Please note: Syllabi and Instructors change over time, so this may not be the exact syllabus or course content that you will take as a future participant.
- “I signed up for the LLC so I could keep a little bit of French in my day, because I don’t have any French classes this semester, except for the class that goes with the LLC and it’s been perfect for that. It’s a low-stress way to practice French.”
- “ I love the French LLC. Everyone I’ve met is extremely friendly and supportive. The mentors and teachers are extremely encouraging. I love how encouraging and patient both my LLC professor and peer mentor are. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to join the French LLC. I’m so glad I joined the LLC this semester and thanks to them I’ve had a great experience.”