Halls & Apartments
Helyar House is a traditional residence hall that provides cooperative living, including a full service kitchen. It was completed in 1968. This building was named after Frank G. Heylar, who was born February 6, 1883 in New Brunswick. He obtained a B.Sc. (University of Vermont, 1905), Hon. Litt.D. (Rutgers University 1948); The House's program of cooperative living is based on earlier programs to help students with affordable on-campus housing. The Helyar House program was originally set up for male students, but became co-ed in 2002.
New Brunswick NJ, 08901-1573
Neilson Dining Hall, Cook Campus Student Center, Chang Library, Cook/Douglass Recreation Center, Intramural fields, Walk to Douglass Campus Center, Douglass Library, Laurie Music Library, Rutgers Arts Center complex
Room floors are tiled.
- Bathroom and shower facilities available on each floor
- Cable TV and Ethernet
- Community Kitchen
- Each room has a extra long bed, dresser, desk and chair
- Each room has two closets
- Large Screen TVs in Lounge
- Laundry room in building
- Main lounge
- Microwave/refrigerator unit in each room
- Wireless networking in lounge