Residence Hall Leadership Resource Guide
Welcome to the Residence Hall Leadership Resource Guide!
Section 1: Residence Hall Association 101
The Residence Hall Association 101 will help you understand what RHA is, who is a member, and ways to get involved!
- A Comprehensive Guide to RHA
- RHA Governing Documents can be found at the bottom of the page
Section 2: National Residence Hall Honorary 101
National Residence Hall Honorary 101 will help you understand what NRHH is, what they do, and how to get involved!
- A Comprehensive Guide to NRHH
- Of The Month Awards
- A Guide to Writing Of The Month Awards
- 101 Ways to Recognize
- Spring 2013 Membership Application
Section 3: Important Dates
This calendar will provide you with all of the important dates this year in RHA, NRHH, and Housing and Residence Life. Use this calendar to plan out your year of meetings, programs, and deadlines! Staying organized will help your hall government be as successful as possible.
- Monthly Calendar
Section 4: Recruitment & Elections Resources
Inside you will find all of the resources you need to successfully recruit and elect your Hall Government.
- Hall Government Recruitment Timeline
- Interest Sign Up Sheets
- Hall Government Interest Recruitment Letter
- Hall Government Election Nomination Letter
- Hall Government Position Descriptions
- Hall Government Information Session Sample Agenda
- Hall Government Letter of Intent Form
- Election Guidelines
- Hall Government Voting Instructions
- Hall Government Congratulations Letter
Recruitment and Elections Flyers
- RHA Recruitment Bulletin Board
- Join Hall Government: Represent This House
- Join Hall Government: Be a Leader
- Join Hall Government: Volunteer for Hall Government
- Hall Government Information Session
- Voting Flyer 1
- Voting Flyer 2
- Electronic Bulletin Board (For PC)
- Electronic Bulletin Board (For Mac)
- Quarter Sheet for Recruitment (PDF)
- Quarter Sheet for Recruitment (Powerpoint - Editable)
Section 5: Getting Started
Getting Started will help your hall government right from the beginning! These resources will aid you in recruiting, having effective meetings, and being involved in the greater RHA structure.
- Effective Meetings
- Publicizing Your Event
- Program Planning Form
- Program Evaluation Form
- CAACURH 2012 Delegation Application
Section 6: Building Your Team & Keeping Momentum
Building Your Team & Keeping Momentum will help your team get to know one another, build a solid foundation, and be successful! If you team gets stuck in a rut, no problem! There are resources to help you solve anything!
- What Are the Stages of Group Development
- Sample Training Activities to Use Throughout the Year
- A Get to Know You Ice Breaker
- The Group Member
- Three Keys for a Successful Organization
- Teamwork Activity
- Creative (Yet Simple) Ways to Recognize
- How Full is Your Bucket?
- Fish Philosophy
- True Colors
- Quik DiSC Survey
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- Team Assessment
Section 7: Ending Your Year
Now that you have all gone on this journey together this year, take the time to wrap up the year and plan for your future!
RHA Hall President Election Bylaws (coming soon!)
RHA Hall Government Standard Bylaws (coming soon!)
More resources will be available soon!
- Multicolor Rutgers Logo
- Black-Red Rutgers Logo
- Black Rutgers Logo
- White Rutgers Logo
- Multicolor House Logo
- Black-Red House Logo
- Black House Logo
- White House Logo
- Multicolor Slogan Logo
- Black-Red Slogan Logo
- Black Slogan Logo
- White Slogan Logo
- Multicolor Name Logo
- Black-Red Name Logo
- Black Name Logo
- White Name Logo