Who May Participate
- Full-time, matriculated students currently attending classes on the New Brunswick campus (living on or off campus) will be eligible to obtain a lottery number.
- Full-time, matriculated students currently in a Rutgers sponsored study abroad program may also obtain a lottery number.
**PLEASE NOTE: The Deadline to apply for a lottery number has been extended to Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 at 11:59pm**
How to Obtain a Lottery Number
- All eligible students who wish to live on the New Brunswick campus are required to apply for a lottery number between Monday, January 18th and Wednesday, January 27th. Students may not participate in any sign up process, including special programs, without a lottery number. The date and time you apply does not affect your lottery number.
- To obtain a lottery number, students should review the step-by-step guide to the lottery and then login into the housing application website to complete a housing agreement (Lottery Application) by January, 27th, 2016.
- Residents who do not apply during that time will not be eligible to participate in the lottery process and must sign up for the waiting list starting the first week of April.
Please note: The housing agreement is not binding until you select your space.
Important Policies to Consider
- Class year will be used to determine eligibility. Upperclassmen will be given more points for apartments, while underclassmen will be given more points for doubles and suites. Details can be found here.
- Students may NOT sign back to their current space.
- SEBS (School of Environmental and Biological Sciences) students will be given special priority sign-up for the Cook Campus Apartments. Spaces within Cook apartments will be held for this priority process. To take part in the SEBS priority selection students must be in groups of 4, and all students must be a member of SEBS.
- Single rooms will use total earned credits to determine eligibility, rather than class year. Details can be found here.
- Special programs such as the DRC or Honors housing will be assigned in separate processes which will be specifically outlined by the community coordinators.
- Students currently living off campus can take part in the lottery process.
Extremely Important: All students in a group will be required to complete an application for each housing option and indicate their requested roommates’ RUID numbers and full names.