- By now, you’ve most likely received your vaccinations, but if for some reason extenuating circumstances prevented you from doing so, please make arrangements to do so as soon as possible after arriving on campus. For more information about the meningitis vaccine as well as other immunization requirements, please visit: http://health.rutgers.edu/who-are-you/incoming-students/pre-entrance-immunizations
- Be on the lookout for the date, time, and location of your first Community Meeting held by your RA/AA. This is where you will be officially meeting all your neighbors and receiving important upcoming community information!
- Every residence hall room comes wired for cable television, provided by the RU-tv Network. RU-tv carries local channels, popular cable channels, and Rutgers specific programming such as lectures, exam prep, library resources, and traffic cams. RU-tv also carries some channels in HD. Residents must provide their own coaxial cable to connect their televisions to the outlet. For more information, including channel line-ups and help connecting your TV please visit the RU-tv website.
- All Rutgers Residence Life rooms are equipped with WiFi, so you’ll be able to connect to the network when you arrive. Please visit the Office of Information Technology website for information on what you will need in order to get online as well as links to other technology-related resources.
- If you haven’t done so already, make sure you have your updated RUConnection Card. The RUconnection Card is the official photo identification card issued to faculty, staff, students, and guests on all Rutgers University campuses. This unified photo ID card serves as the primary form of identity verification throughout the university. The RUConnection Card gets you access to your residence hall, your dining meal plan, your RUExpress Account, your library account, sporting events, and more! If you do not have your RUConnection card please visit one of four locations:
College Avenue – Records Hall, RUConnection Office
Cook/Douglass – PAL Building, Cook/Douglass Residence Life Office
Livingston Campus – Lynton Towers South, Livingston Residence Life Office
Busch Campus – Busch Residence Life Office
- Mail Services serves as the mail distribution hub for all student mail. Read more information about mail services at Rutgers University, including: forwarding procedures, address information and general guidelines, mail pickup and post office locations, and instructions on how to opt into the mail/package service. If you are shipping packages to campus prior to move in, please be sure to arrive before your items!
- Your Rutgers Email is a very important method of communication. Be sure to set up and check your Rutgers email for important announcements; you can even link your account to your smartphone for push notifications.
- Oops! Did you forget to bring something to campus? Visit one of the on or off campus retailers nearby.
- Trying to get around between campuses? The Rutgers-New Brunswick/Piscataway inter-campus bus and shuttle system is a service provided for all five campuses. It is available to all members of the university community free of charge.