Rutgers Residence Life creates a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment where student learning, development, and individuality is championed and supported. Our commitment to student-centered programs and organizational development will enhance the student experience. We achieve this by encouraging critical thinking, ethical responsibility, and academic excellence while cultivating a residential experience that is intentional, exploratory, and reflective.
- Residents are our first priority.
- Success in our work can only be achieved through on-going assessment and improvement.
- Partnerships with the University community, including students, faculty, other University departments, and the families of students, are critical for our work to be successful.
- Living on campus is an opportunity for students to gain life experiences in a supportive environment, sometimes learning through trial and error.
- The residential experience provides students with unique personal interactions and the opportunity to develop life-long friendships.
- Every staff member contributes to the student experience and should be afforded the opportunity to learn and grow in his or her position.
- Staff are most productive when treated fairly, with respect, and involved in decision-making.